Top Penny Stocks List and Weekly Update: Key Takeaways
- Is “Decentraland” the investment of the future or a big scam? See SMURF.
- Short sellers love pain and investment banker ratings still matter. See BFRI.
- Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. See the Trading Mentor Q&A section below…
- Tokens.com (OTCQB: SMURF … read my analysis here)
- Biofrontera Inc. (NASDAQ: BFRI … read my analysis here)
- Tianrong Internet Products & Services Inc. (OTCPK: TIPS … read my analysis here)
Table of Contents
- 1 Top Penny Stocks List: November 29, 2021
- 2 Trading Mentor
- 3 Trading Education
- 4 How to Create Your Own Penny Stocks List
- 5 How Can You Create Your Own Watchlist?
- 6 Should I Create a Watchlist Every Day?
- 7 Does Tim Sykes Provide a NO-COST Watchlist?
Top Penny Stocks List: November 29, 2021
Some of the stocks on my watchlist this week aren’t true penny stocks. Higher-priced runners have the most upside lately. That’s especially true of giant short squeezes like Longeveron Inc. (NASDAQ: LGVN).
News of the new Omicron COVID variant caused a Black Friday sell-off. As I warned at the end of October, we’re due for a crash. Watch to see how it plays out in the markets this week.
These are the OTCs I’m watching this week…
And here are the listed stocks I’m watching…
3 Stocks to Watch This Week
From short squeezes to the metaverse, for once it’s not all OTCs…
Top Penny Stocks List #1: Tokens.com (OTCQB: SMURF)
Tokens.com gives investors indirect exposure to crypto, DeFi, and NFTs. In other words, they don’t have to own the underlying assets.
Key points about SMURF…
- Tokens.com closed the largest ever metaverse land acquisition last Tuesday. It paid $2.4 million for a “116 parcel estate in the heart of the Fashion Street district within Decentraland.”
- SMURF has trended up steadily since early October on higher than average volume. But volume is still low in relation to float.
- On Friday it had a near-perfect morning panic and bounce before closing up roughly 3%.
SMURF is setting up for a potential breakout but needs news and, ideally, more volume. I’m also watching for potential dip buys into any big panic.
Top Penny Stocks List #2: Biofrontera Inc. (NASDAQ: BFRI)
Biofrontera Inc. is a biotech focused on topical dermatological therapeutics.
Key points about BFRI…
- BFRI is a recent IPO that started trading publicly in late October.
- STT’s Breaking News Chat alerted BFRI last Wednesday after Roth Capital initiated a buy rating with a $20 target.
- BFRI was up as much as 173% on Wednesday. On Friday it hit a new 52-week high of $9.49.
I’m content watching BFRI for now. It’s trading very choppy as overaggressive short sellers get squeezed. And it’s a little high priced for me.
Top Penny Stocks List #3: Tianrong Internet Products & Services Inc. (OTCPK: TIPS)
Tianrong Internet Products & Services is a shell company looking for a reverse merger candidate.
Key points about TIPS…
- On Friday, the company’s official Twitter account teased a press release for this week.
- TIPS is up 1,266% since mid-November.
- It hit a 52-week high of 39.9 cents a share Friday.
TIPS is uptrending nicely. I’ll watch to see if promoters get involved and volume picks up. I’m watching for potential dip buys into any big intraday panic. But I need to see more volume to buy.
With the news of the Omicron variant spooking the markets on Friday, this is an important lesson…
Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind…
A common misconception about news catalysts came up in a recent Trading Challenge webinar. It’s most often new traders who fall into this trap. But it can happen to more experienced traders, too…
Trading Mentor Q&A
Here’s the question as asked by a Trading Challenge student….
Don’t label anything as ‘good news’ when the stock drops. Good news is when the stock spikes.
When promoters or other traders say, “This is good news, the short sellers are to blame! This is good news, it’s manipulation!” Tell them to shut their lying faces.
The MARKET Tells You What’s Good News
When news comes out, is it good or bad? The reality is, you don’t know. Nobody knows.
The market will react to the news. Don’t come up with a bias ahead of time. The market knows and we have access to the market. I would encourage you to react.
The market’s trying to teach you. But you have to know…
How to Avoid Getting Brainwashed
When you say a stock drops on good news, that means you’re probably brainwashed by promoters. Stocks don’t drop on good news. Stocks drop on promoter news. You think that the promoter news is good news.
So you really have to break things down. I’ve been de-brainwashing newbies from promoters for over a decade now.
People think that penny stocks are random. They think, “Oh, this stock dropped on good news. I hate penny stocks.”
Hate your ignorance. Hate your lack of preparation. Penny stocks are doing the exact same thing they’ve always done. You just haven’t studied enough. It’s not short sellers and it’s not manipulation. It’s you.
The good news is, you’re not helpless. If it was short sellers or manipulation, you’d be helpless. But you can fix it by focusing on your education.
For more information on avoiding bias, read “The Complete Penny Stock Course.” (See page 101 — The Market’s Collective Will.) Every time you’re convinced there’s manipulation or a stock dropped on good news, read it again.
This is where your journey begins. If you can change your mindset from making money to learning, there’s hope.
New to penny stocks? Start with my FREE penny stock guide.
Also, get my best-selling book “An American Hedge Fund” here at no cost.
And if you think you have what it takes, maybe the Trading Challenge is for you. Only apply if you’re willing to study hard. It’s not easy, but it’s where all my top students refined their skills.
Trading Challenge students also get access to my daily watchlists. All successful traders make their own watchlists. Studying mine (and those of other successful traders) is a good start, but you need to learn…
How to Create Your Own Penny Stocks List
Answers to watchlist FAQs…
How Can You Create Your Own Watchlist?
To start, look for big percent gainers. For two decades, big percent gains have been my #1 criteria. After that, I look at trading volume and a catalyst or reason behind the price action. Read “Stock Watchlist Guide: Tips & Examples to Develop Your Own” for details about the entire process.
Should I Create a Watchlist Every Day?
All serious traders create a daily watchlist. If you’re serious about trading penny stocks, making a daily watchlist is essential.
Does Tim Sykes Provide a NO-COST Watchlist?
Yes. Subscribe to my weekly penny stock watchlists below.
How to Use the Top Penny Stocks List Weekly Update
When you read the weekly penny stock list (and the monthly watchlist), don’t think of them as hot picks. Frankly, sometimes they’ll be duds. That’s why it’s called a watchlist. Welcome to penny stocks.
It all starts with looking for big percent gainers. Try to figure out why I’ve put the stocks on my list. Study so you can help yourself become a self-sufficient trader. Only fools chase hot picks.
What do you think about this penny stocks list and weekly update? Comment below, I love to hear from all my readers!