Mariana is a trailblazing Trading Challenge student. Not only is she my first female millionaire student, but also the youngest. She was just 20 years old when she passed seven figures in trading profits.
I’m so inspired by Mariana’s trading journey that I dedicated my 86th Karmagawa school to her:
⚠️NEW KARMAGAWA SCHOOL ALERT!⚠️I’m proud to announce the 86th Karmagawa school in honor of my 1st female millionaire student @mari_trades who has been in my https://t.co/occ8wKmlgm program for 3 years now and she crossed the $1 million trading profit mark just a few weeks ago! pic.twitter.com/RCEkzi2f4A
— Timothy Sykes (@timothysykes) May 28, 2021
She may be young, but Mariana’s success is no accident. Her story is the perfect illustration of ‘preparation meets opportunity’ — and the results are extraordinary.
Table of Contents
Mariana’s Guiding Principles
- Grind every day and STAY HUMBLE
- Be willing to adapt
- Use trading tools to track opportunities
- Keep learning every day
Mariana’s dad urged her to find a career where she could support herself. She gravitated toward the stock market and joined my Trading Challenge right after high school. Mari didn’t get serious until 2019. Early on, she lost — like most traders. But she learned from the experience and made three important changes: scaling down positions, studying harder, and ruthlessly cutting losses.
Joins my Trading Challenge right after high school but doesn’t start trading yet.
Attends my Trader & Investor Summit, gets inspired, and starts studying.
Starts trading and has a string of losses before adjusting her strategy and approach.
Mariana becomes my first six-figure female student.
I dedicate my 86th Karmagawa school to Mariana.
Has her biggest losses ever — totaling $90K.
Adapts to the changing market and makes over $63,000, reporting about $40,000 of it from short selling.
Up over $1.6 million in trading profits.
- Dip-buying Nasdaq and OTC stocks. She considers going long her home.
- Shorting isn’t her favorite strategy, but Mari will go wherever she sees opportunities.
- Over $1.6 million in trading profits
- Average 4.98% gain per trade
- Average $1,382 gain per trade
- Passed $1 million in February 2021
Source: Profit.ly (April 2022)
- Supreme patience — studying the market for a full year before trading with real money!
- Maximal restraint — from savoring crème brûlée to waiting for the very best plays.
- Powerful perspective — Mari’s $90K+ losses prompted time for self-care so she could come back with confidence.
See Mariana’s Chart + Learn More
- Check out Mariana’s Profit.ly chart
- Read more about Mariana’s trading story: My First 7-Figure Female Student! Mariana’s $1 Million Trading Milestone
- Get some crucial trading lessons: 7 Trading Lessons With Mariana, My Youngest Millionaire Student
- Learn how she bounced back from major losses: What Millionaire Trader Mariana Learned From Her Biggest Losses Ever — $90K!
Take Your Education Further!
- Learn from Mariana’s trades and watchlists in StocksToTrade’s Breakouts & Breakdowns chat room
- Mariana got her start in my Trading Challenge — check it out!
- Just getting started? Check out my 30-Day Bootcamp for new traders
What did you learn from Mariana’s story? What can you take to your own trading? Let me know in the comments!