What You Need to Know About the Upcoming OTC Delistings: Key Takeaways
- Amendments to SEC rule 15c2-11 go into effect on September 28.
- There’s a simple zen-like mindset that can help you navigate the OTC obstacle course…
- Why you shouldn’t stress about any of this. (In fact, my students stressing about it riles me more than the actual rule.)
Table of Contents
- 1 My Take On the Upcoming OTC Delistings
- 2 Do You Have to Know Everything to Be a Successful Trader?
- 3 Tools & Education
My Take On the Upcoming OTC Delistings
Remember, these are some of the sketchiest stocks in the entire market. Many are shell companies. Very few have products or meaningful revenue. Most aren’t up to date with filings.
In this video, you’ll find…
- Why you shouldn’t freak out, no matter what your broker says about which stocks you can or can’t trade after September 28. (I use these brokers.)
- Common misconceptions about a bear market that apply to the current situation.
- Why ‘in-the-know’ promoters are just as ignorant as misinformed newbies.
- How to cut through all the BS and spend your time on what really matters in trading.
What to Do If You Can’t Trade a Ticker
So, what should you do if you can’t trade some tickers after September 28?
The simple answer nobody wants to hear is…
Don’t trade them.
It’s as simple as that. If you can’t trade them, you can’t trade them. There’s NOTHING you can do to change it. Expect the worst out of every company, all the time. I can’t stress this enough.
Here’s another question I’m getting…
Would You Change Brokers to Trade a Stock?
If a broker allows a stock, but my broker doesn’t … maybe I’ll go to another broker. But I’m not even thinking about it except to answer the question.
I have no idea how this is gonna play out. Anyone saying they ‘know’ on social media is full of BS. Don’t trust any company or anyone saying, “This company has all the proper filings and is gonna be OK. Buy the dip.”
They’re lying. They know NOTHING.
But THIS Company Deserves to Be Traded!
Shut up. That’s a waste of time and opportunity. Spend your time studying.
You can’t predict the unpredictable and you can’t trade the untradeable.
So, what should you do?
- Trade your patterns. The stock market isn’t going anywhere.
- Focus on what works for you. No single stock or trade will make you rich.
- React instead of predict. This might be the number one piece of advice I could ever teach you.
What am I going to do? I won’t change a thing. For me, predicting earnings, delistings, or market conditions — it’s a waste of time. It doesn’t matter.
If a stock gets delisted, and I can’t trade it … I won’t trade it.
Do You Have to Know Everything to Be a Successful Trader?
Putting it bluntly, no.
Tools & Education
Focus on studying. And for the love of all that is good … use the right tools!
StocksToTrade Breaking News
Use StocksToTrade Breaking News.* I use it every day — it’s the single most important tool in my arsenal right now. If there’s anything to know about the delistings, that’s where I’ll get the information.
What do you think of the new SEC rules? Comment below with “I will react instead of predict.” I love to hear from all my readers, so comment below.
*Tim Sykes has a minority ownership stake in StocksToTrade.com.