You can learn a lot about penny stocks from YouTube, but you have to watch the right channels. You might already know my YouTube channel, where I talk about all things related to penny stocks, from options trading to important lessons for traders.
I’m far from the only penny stock YouTuber. My former students Matt Monaco and Bryce Tuohey (who also run StocksToTrade’s Small Cap Rockets alert service) run a YouTube show called Small Cap Recap. They break down their trades every week — which is a rare and valuable service.
But you need to be careful out there — YouTube is also home to penny stock promoters. YouTubers like Lou vs Wall Street (account currently suspended) and AvidTrader were part of the epic September pump in Global Tech Industries Group Inc. (OTCQB: GTII).
Which penny stock YouTubers should you watch, and what can you learn from them? Read on for a complete list!
Table of Contents
- 1 What Are Penny Stocks?
- 2 Why YouTube Is a Great Resource for Learning About Penny Stocks
- 3 Top YouTube Channels to Watch and Learn From
- 3.1 1. Timothysykes — Millionaire Students, Top Trading Tips, and Penny Stock Strategies
- 3.2 2. StocksToTrade — The Best Technical Analysis Videos
- 3.3 3. Jack Kellogg — A Top Breakout Trader’s Trade Breakdowns
- 3.4 4. Small Cap Recap — Small Cap Penny Stock Trade Breakdowns
- 3.5 5. 30 Trading Videos in 30 Days — Day Trading 101
- 4 Key Takeaways
- 5 Penny Stocks on YouTube FAQs
What Are Penny Stocks?
Penny stocks are stocks that trade under $5 per share. These cheap stocks are traded on major stock exchanges like the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and Nasdaq, but you can also find them in over-the-counter (OTC) markets. In fact, you’ll have an easier time finding OTC penny stocks because they lack the $1 minimum share price regulation of the major exchanges.
Major investment firms and hedge funds stay away from penny stocks because they’re a playground for scam artists and market manipulators. It’s true: most penny stocks are sketchy and unstable. Some of them are even outright scams, targeting newbies with their get-rich-quick rhetoric.
But they’re cheap too. I think they’re the best way to grow a small account.
Just be careful out there. Most traditional trading advice won’t work on penny stocks. These sketchy stocks follow certain patterns. Newbie traders all too often follow their own patterns — they HODL and blow up their accounts!
EXPERIENCE pays, newbies blow up, it's always the same & yet they don't realize it until it's too late, nor do those who follow the newbies into risky/half-assed strategies by only thinking about the potential upside not the downside risks they take far too often #knowledgeiskey
Why YouTube Is a Great Resource for Learning About Penny Stocks
YouTube is a great resource for learning about penny stocks because it has experts on every strategy imaginable sharing their screens. I focus on penny stock trading topics, while others focus on more niche topics like United Kingdom-based penny stocks or penny stocks in the power sector.
Now, the bad news: YouTube is a haven for promoters. Sometimes it’s hard to tell which channels are sharing well-thought-out watchlists and which are shilling for sketchy penny stock pumps.
Instead of watching which stocks they pick, learn how they build their penny stock watchlists so you can build your own. The traders you follow should share ALL of their trades — just like my top former students and I do. You can see how I got to $7.4 million in lifetime profits here.
This advice applies to stock picks from any source… even my NO-COST weekly penny stock pick list. Learn how to make your own watchlists so you can track stocks on your own — that’s how you improve and grow as a trader.
Top YouTube Channels to Watch and Learn From
My top YouTube trading channel and playlist picks are:
- Timothysykes — Millionaire Students, Top Trading Tips, and Penny Stock Strategies
- StocksToTrade — The Best Technical Analysis Videos
- Jack Kellogg — A Top Breakout Trader’s Trade Breakdowns
- Small Cap Recap — Small Cap Penny Stock Trade Breakdowns
- 30 Trading Videos in 30 Days — Day Trading 101
Remember to always do your own research, and trade as conservatively as you can! My former students and I have been trading for a long time, and we put our experience to use in ways you might not understand on first watch.
You might trade the same stock on the same day and lose a trade while we post profits…
Trading is a battlefield. Make sure you go through basic training before using live ammo.
1. Timothysykes — Millionaire Students, Top Trading Tips, and Penny Stock Strategies
My first YouTube trading channel pick is Timothysykes — the home for my market thoughts, trading tutorials, and interviews with my top former students.
I’ve been posting since 2008. I have about 1,700 videos on everything from my top patterns to my take on Andrew Tate (I think he’s just another promoter). If you have a trading question, chances are that I’ll have at least a dozen videos addressing it!
My channel features the following resources:
- Trading Challenge webinars taught by me and my top students. Click the link to see the G.O.A.T. Tim Grittani in action!
- Lessons from my millionaire students. These videos don’t only show how my top former students got to where they are — they cover where they started! If $11.5 million trader Jack Kellogg’s can study charts while working as a valet, you can too
- Small account trading strategies. I started trading with $12,000, while many of my top former students started with less
- My thoughts on market trends and things to look out for on a macro level
- The tools of the trade — from my favorite brokers to the StocksToTrade tools I can’t live without!
Subscribe to my YouTube channel here.
2. StocksToTrade — The Best Technical Analysis Videos
My second YouTube trading channel pick is StocksToTrade. It’s helmed by my former student Tim Bohen. If you like chipper Midwestern accents and expert but accessible trading videos, this channel might work for you.
My take: this is the best channel for well-explained, to-the-point, and actionable technical analysis videos.
Bohen was one of my very first students. He’s also one of the hardest workers I know.
He’s done what I ask all of my students to do… He’s drilled down on what he’s good at, and has it so clear in his mind that he can teach it. Check it out:
Bohen is the lead trainer at StocksToTrade, and he gives two daily webinars on the SteadyTrade Team. His channel isn’t just technical analysis videos. Here’s what else you’ll find:
- Pre-Market Prep videos shared free every Monday. They are condensed versions of the webinars Bohen offers on the SteadyTrade Team, and a chance to see the careful thought he puts into the stocks he’s watching
- Market news breakdowns. One of Bohen’s strengths as a trader is how well-read he is. His thoughts on big events like the recent promoter bust can really help to understand the market’s mood
- Chart reviews. This guy is an expert charter. Screen time is the most valuable thing you can get as a trader — having a master trader like Bohen guiding you through the candlesticks is even more valuable
- K.I.S.S. technical analysis. Bohen subscribes to my “keep it short and simple” philosophy. His technical analysis videos break down complicated concepts to a beginner-friendly level
Subscribe to StocksToTrade’s YouTube channel
3. Jack Kellogg — A Top Breakout Trader’s Trade Breakdowns
My third YouTube trading channel pick is Jack Kellogg.
Jack is one of my top former students EVER. He’s up to $11.5 million in lifetime profits… That’s good for #2 on Profit.ly’s all-time leaderboard, just behind the legend Tim Grittani.
Yes, the student has exceeded the teacher, but not too long ago. He didn’t cross the million-dollar mark until 2020. Perhaps even more impressive is the fact that he added $1.7 million in profits during the down year of 2022, when most other traders lost.
Do you want to know how he did this? (You absolutely should.)
Although Jack doesn’t post often, his trading recaps are the stuff of legend. The ones on his channel date back to the hot market of 2020–2021…
They’re worth watching if you are serious about improving as a trader. They’ll give you a glimpse into how a top trader tracks his trades.
Check out Jack Kellogg’s YouTube channel here.
4. Small Cap Recap — Small Cap Penny Stock Trade Breakdowns
My fourth Youtube trading channel pick is Small Cap Recap… it’s actually a playlist on StocksToTrade’s YouTube channel.
Two more of my former students — millionaire traders Matt Monaco and Bryce Tuohey — share some of their most revealing trades on this series.
Many of these trades started out as live trades shared with Small Cap Rockets subscribers. These guys are at the top of their game right now. Small Cap Recap also carries the occasional live trading session (of course, subscribers will get more).
Sign up for a 14-day trial of Small Cap Rockets + StocksToTrade today — only $18!
Matt “The Boy Wonder” Monaco has been my student since 2017. He’s been giving back to his community since almost the beginning — starting a trading podcast with Bryce in 2019 and recording the 30-Day Bootcamp with me in 2020…
This quick-start guide has become one of my top resources for new traders. Check out the 30-Day Bootcamp here.
“Trader” Bryce wasn’t even profitable until 2020. That’s one of the reasons he’s become such a good trader — he knows that trading is about the process, not results. And he’s got the energy to keep hammering away!
The real value here is in their trading recaps — which they post on a pretty much weekly basis. Most top traders only share this level of in-depth review with their closest followers…
Matt and Bryce have been putting these videos out for the past two years. It’s one of the most valuable resources on YouTube.
Check out the Small Cap Recap playlist here.
5. 30 Trading Videos in 30 Days — Day Trading 101
My fifth YouTube trading channel pick is 30 Trading Videos in 30 Days… a playlist on my YouTube channel.
I designed this series to be a beginner’s course on day trading. It isn’t as thorough as my 30-Day Bootcamp, and you definitely won’t get the expert guidance and community of my Trading Challenge. But if you want a lay of the land, this will give you an excellent start.
- Basic do’s and don’ts. Consider this your un-brainwashing. So many newbies get into day trading on the back of big news like the GameStop short squeeze. They lose because they don’t understand how dangerous and slimy trading really is
- How to find trades. No, it’s not about knowing which stocks are hot
- Interviews with my top students. I talk about my former students, not because many are now millionaires… It’s because they’ve followed my rules and become profitable as a result
- The nitty-gritty of trading. To become a self-sufficient trader you’ll need to learn A TON about the market, brokers, and charts. You’ve got to start somewhere — volume, risk, and fees are some of the essentials
Check out my 30 Trading Videos in 30 Days playlist here.
YouTube has a lot to offer traders — if you steer clear of the clickbait. Real profitable traders like myself, my top students, and the gang at StocksToTrade will teach you how to grow your account. Other YouTubers might be growing their accounts with page views and not trades.
Watch with a skeptical mind and find what works for you. Every trader is different. It pays to learn as much as you can about the market at every step on your trading journey…
But no amount of preparation can substitute for real experience.
If you really want an education in penny stock trading, apply for my Trading Challenge. I’ve got 7,000-plus videos covering everything from strategy to live trades, taught by top traders giving you their most current thoughts on the market.
We don’t take everyone, but if you’re willing to put in the work my Trading Challenge might be a great fit.
Do you have any favorite penny stock channels? Share them in the comments below!
Penny Stocks on YouTube FAQs
Do penny stocks grow?
Penny stocks can grow, but you probably won’t find the next Google or Apple in the penny stock market. It’s risky to put faith in penny stock companies because, more often than not, they end up collapsing and tanking their stock prices.
Can you learn to trade penny stocks on YouTube?
You can learn to trade penny stocks on YouTube — just be careful not to blindly buy whatever penny stock YouTubers tell you to. Always do your own research and follow the tips that work for you.
If you’re looking for high-level videos on penny stock trading, my Trading Challenge has 7,000-plus. New webinars are posted every week, with live trades and trade reviews featuring me and my top former students.
Are penny stocks worth the risk?
Penny stocks are absolutely worth the risk if you have a small account and you’re willing to commit to your education. If you keep your risk tight and only trade the best setups, they don’t even have to be that risky.
As many of you already know I grew up in a middle class family and didn't have many luxuries. But through trading I was able to change my circumstances --not just for me -- but for my parents as well. I now want to help you and thousands of other people from all around the world achieve similar results!
Which is why I've launched my Trading Challenge. I’m extremely determined to create a millionaire trader out of one my students and hopefully it will be you.
So when you get a chance make sure you check it out.
PS: Don’t forget to check out my 30 Day Bootcamp, it will teach you everything you need to know about trading.