Biotech Penny Stocks to Watch: Key Takeaways
- Monkeypox is still in the news…
- I thought it was all hype in May. I was wrong.
- Low-priced Nasdaq biotechs keep running. Check out these big percent gainers…
Monkeypox is in the news and you know what that means … biotech penny stocks are back! Check out these runners and former runners, then get prepared for the next big piece of news. Their charts are all over the place, which is what I like in penny stocks.
- TOMI Environmental Solutions Inc. (NASDAQ: TOMZ … Read my analysis here.)
- Regen BioPharma Inc. (OTCPK: RGBP … Read my analysis here.)
- Geovax Labs Inc. (NASDAQ: GOVX … Read my analysis here.)
- Maia Biotechnology Inc. (AMEX: MAIA … Read my analysis here.)
- Applied DNA Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ: APDN … Read my analysis here.)
Table of Contents
- 1 What Are Biotech Penny Stocks?
- 2 Top Biotech Penny Stocks to Watch
- 2.1 Biotech Penny Stocks #1: TOMI Environmental Solutions Inc (NASDAQ: TOMZ)
- 2.2 Biotech Penny Stocks #2: Regen BioPharma Inc (OTCPK: RGBP)
- 2.3 Biotech Penny Stocks #3: Geovax Labs Inc. (NASDAQ: GOVX)
- 2.4 Biotech Penny Stocks #4: Maia Biotechnology Inc. (AMEX: MAIA)
- 2.5 Biotech Penny Stocks #5: Applied DNA Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ: APDN)
- 3 Get the List of Penny Stocks I’m Watching Delivered to Your Inbox
- 4 Biotech Penny Stocks: The Bottom Line
What Are Biotech Penny Stocks?
Biotech penny stocks are stocks of small, developmental companies. These companies are usually desperate for cash. They need it to continue developing products and for testing and trials. Trade them with caution…
That’s why I ride the hype but never believe it.
Penny stocks are some of the sketchiest stocks in the market. But I know how this niche works. I’ve been trading penny stocks for 20+ years…
I started trading in high school. By the time I graduated college I had grown my small account from $12,415 to roughly $2 million. Read all about it in my best-selling no-cost book, “An American Hedge Fund.”
I’ve now made over $7.3 million in profits. And I teach students how to trade with a small account in my Trading Challenge. I have 20+ millionaire students. Find out if you’ve got what it takes to be next…
Students get access to all my top trading education resources — including daily watchlists. But successful traders learn how to build their own. So study up and learn the reasons behind my stock picks…
Top Biotech Penny Stocks to Watch
I missed the monkeypox run in May.
I didn’t take it seriously. I didn’t think that the media could whip up so much fear around a rare, treatable disease…
That was my mistake. I’m sharing it with you because I learn from my mistakes, and you can too.
I let my personal feelings get in the way. I donate all my trading proceeds to charity. I started Karmagawa, an aid group which has given more than $7 million to 80 charities around the world. I can think of literally DOZENS of things for us to worry about more than monkeypox.
But that isn’t how the market works. And penny stocks — the stocks I’ve traded for most of my career earnings — are driven more by hype than most.
The monkeypox sector is still going strong three months later, driven by climbing cases and no shortage of coverage. The president recently declared monkeypox a public health emergency…
Lately, it’s become one of the market’s hottest sectors. But be warned:
This is a watchlist only. There’s no guarantee these stocks will offer a trading opportunity. Keep them on your watchlist, but only trade when you see YOUR best setup. When there are no truly great trades, use your time to study.
- New to penny stocks? Start with my FREE online guide here.
- Learn how to build your own stock watchlist here.
- Brush up on your pattern knowledge here.
Now, let’s get to the top biotech penny stocks to watch this month.
Biotech Penny Stocks #1: TOMI Environmental Solutions Inc (NASDAQ: TOMZ)
You might remember TOMZ from the early days of the COVID pandemic…
I certainly do. I’ve made $7,725 trading this stock over the past two-plus years.
This company has only one move. PR about their Steramist sterilizing spray was a COVID play in March 2020…
In August 2022 they pulled the same trick out again — this time targeting monkeypox!
- TOMZ is a former supernova. I traded it for small gains in the first week of August — check out this post on my strategy. I’ll continue watching it to see if it can breakout again
- There’s a lot of fear going around about monkeypox. Some are even making false claims about it being airborne… Though these claims have been debunked they can still hype a stock like TOMZ up
Biotech Penny Stocks #2: Regen BioPharma Inc (OTCPK: RGBP)
I have good memories of RGBP…
Really happy with my $RGBP trade, I didn’t catch the top but sold pretty well in the .02s. Sometimes it’s not even about the $ made (and remember I donate ALL of my trading profits to charity these days), a well executed trade from start to finish just feels SO GOOD!
— Timothy Sykes (@timothysykes) May 7, 2021
It climbed all the way to $0.08 in 2021. Through the year, I traded it for more than $13,000.
I traded it for a small loss on its recent run. I cut my losses quickly, which is the right way to trade this stock…
I would have turned a profit if I’d waited, but I’d already blown through my risk. Hope is not a strategy.
I don’t know if RGBP will repeat 2021’s run. It still moves on news, so I’m still watching it.
- RGBP keeps filing cancer treatment patents, and they keep making this stock move
- Even penny stock investors are getting wise to RGBP’s pumps. This is a company with one employee, and he’s not even a scientist!
Biotech Penny Stocks #3: Geovax Labs Inc. (NASDAQ: GOVX)
Along with SIGA Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIGA), GOVX has become one of the monkeypox sector leaders.
That sketchiness can make for some awesome plays. Just check out the 674% run that GOVX went on from July 25 to August 2! That was only possible because it had fallen to $0.62 a share.
- GOVX is working on COVID, monkeypox AND cancer treatments
- It’s also shown a willingness to dilute, which brings danger but also a good amount of volatility
Biotech Penny Stocks #4: Maia Biotechnology Inc. (AMEX: MAIA)
MAIA is a recent IPO with a low float. Along with NA, HKD, and VRAX, low-float IPOs are emerging as a hot sector of their own.
MAIA nearly hit $10 on its third trading day. It’s since cooled down, but it’s repeatedly shown it can spike on decent volume.
- MAIA is preparing for Phase 2 trials on its most developed cancer drug. Without institutional investors, it will be a long while before it comes to market… although I think that’s a longshot in any timeframe
- The seven million float is the part I’m more interested in. The chart is young but it’s shown potential to run so far
Biotech Penny Stocks #5: Applied DNA Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ: APDN)
APDN had been trending down since the pandemic, when its testing services were more in demand.
That changed after news about a monkeypox PCR test being developed by the company. The stock gained over 870% in the days following.
It was quick to take advantage with a $12 million public offering. That stopped it from breaking above $7, but it’s managed to hang around. Let’s see what the next piece of news can do.
- APDN isn’t working on a vaccine; I have more faith in their PCR test actually getting to market. They’ve previously gotten FDA approval for their COVID PCR test
- This isn’t the first monkeypox PCR test, and testing capacity is already decent. But if monkeypox continues to spread, APDN’s test may become more valuable
Get the List of Penny Stocks I’m Watching Delivered to Your Inbox
Want to know the top stocks I’m watching each week? Subscribe to my no-cost watchlist. I’ll send my top penny stocks to watch right to your inbox every week. It can help you learn the process I follow for every stock.
I’ll say it again … The stocks on my watchlist aren’t an automatic buy. Remember to do your own due diligence and research. If you’re trading without a trading plan, you’re gambling. Don’t be a degenerate gambler — trade smart!
👉🏼 SUBSCRIBE to my no-cost weekly stock watchlist here.
How do I find the hottest stocks to trade? I use StocksToTrade every day. It has awesome charts, built-in scans, social media feeds, and so much more to help you do your research.
Biotech Penny Stocks: The Bottom Line
Biotech penny stocks are some of the sketchiest stocks in the market. They can have huge price swings on positive or negative news. But if you’re prepared to take advantage of the volatility, these stocks can offer great trading opportunities…
I teach students how to take advantage of volatile penny stock moves in my Trading Challenge.
It’s where all my millionaire students refined their strategies. Students get access to all my top trading education resources — my DVDs, thousands of video lessons, and weekly live trading and Q&A webinars.
But I don’t accept everyone. I only want the most dedicated students. Are you ready for the Challenge? Apply today.
What are your top biotech penny stocks to watch? Let me know in the comments … I love to hear from you!