Recently, I was featured (again) on one of my personal favorite trading podcasts, the SteadyTrade podcast. Read on to find out why I think this podcast is so great and get a sneak peek of the episode…
Knowledge is the key to understanding trading psychology. That’s why it’s so important for you as a trader to constantly expose yourself to new ideas and information.
A continued commitment to education can help you stay informed and keep growing … and that’s what you need to become a long-term, self-sufficient trader.
Podcasts can also be a great way to improve your knowledge and stay educated even when you’re on the go. Everyone has enough time for podcasts: they’re easy to listen to on your commute to work or while you’re working out. There’s no excuse for not making time to learn.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why You Should Listen to the SteadyTrade Podcast
- 2 Trading Syke-ology
- 3 Past SteadyTrade features
Why You Should Listen to the SteadyTrade Podcast
The SteadyTrade podcast is one of the best trading podcasts out there — hands down. With several seasons in its archives at this point, it’s a perfect binge-listen. And it’s all about trading.
His co-host is Stephen Johnson. He’s relatively new to trading and always brings a new spin to things.
Yeah, I might be a little biased … I know both of these traders in real life. But I honestly have a ton of respect for what they do — it’s well worth a listen.
I’m not afraid to say it. I’ve worked hard for what I’ve earned, and I like making the most of my freedom.
But here’s the thing: it’s not all about the money. Really, it’s not.
In the episode, we talk about why it’s not just about the money … it’s about what you do with it. It’s less about getting rich and more about reaching your goals.
Here are some highlights from the episode:
- The importance of being prepared. When it comes to trading … you can’t be too prepared. We talk about how some of my best students are willing to study for 12, 14, or even 16 hours a day. That’s how you can start to notice the patterns that can lead to smarter trades!
- You gotta work hard. Wanna be a self-sufficient trader? It all comes down to your work ethic. That’s true of pretty much anything in life … and trading is no exception. Tim and I talk about how and why you’ve got to take the time to learn rather than just memorizing patterns.
- Mistakes can be your teachers. Ever held a stock too long or missed a trade entirely? You’re definitely not alone. But if you can learn from your mistakes and figure out where and why things went wrong, and next time you work to avoid the same mistake. Over time, you can see both improvement and growth.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Remember: trading is an ongoing process. You’re not just gonna get it overnight and be an instant success story. We talk about how to keep things in perspective by looking at the big picture.
Other Cool Updates from the Episode
I know that you love hearing me spout wisdom like some sort of day trading wiz, but there’s a lot more we talk about in the episode, including…
50 Minutes to Save The World
With over four million views on YouTube, this video is a must-see. It documents the degradation of reefs in seven countries around the world and the critical state of our oceans.
What does it have to do with trading? Um, kinda everything … Because if we don’t start to really focus on saving the world, there’ll be nowhere left to trade.
Trader & Investor Summit
This is a three-day event where you get to learn from some of the world’s most successful traders. Tickets always sell out, so be sure to keep an eye out and sign up early next year!
Midwest Trader Meetup
Tim and I talk about some of the great lessons we’ve learned from these incredible traders. They’re a real testament to what hard work and being prepared can do for your career.
Past SteadyTrade features
Psst … I’ve been featured on SteadyTrade before … Don’t miss these past episodes!
Episode 68: Tim Sykes and the Art of Grinding
Trader Checklist Series
SteadyTrade co-hosts Tim and Stephen love my Trader Checklist video series so much that they profiled every installment in a 14-part podcast series. It starts with Episode 51 and continues through the following 14 episodes.
If you’ve never seen the Trader Checklist series, it’s the perfect way to get to know it. If you’ve watched it, listening to this series of podcasts can give you fresh insight.
The Final Word
Listening to podcasts is a convenient and easy way to expand your trading know-how. In my opinion, the SteadyTrade Podcast is one of the best out there.
Not only does this podcast teach you plenty about trading techniques and trading psychology, but it’s also always engaging. Be sure to check out my recent episode on this podcast (it’s on YouTube, too) … and every other episode.
Do you listen to the SteadyTrade Podcast? What’s your favorite episode — and why? Leave a comment!