Get Motivated Fast
One of my newest millionaire trading challenge students named Steven found me onbecause he liked my Lamborghini…that motivated him to study his butt off and now he’s made over $2 million and just bought himself a McLaren!**
So, do you wonder how to get motivated to do the same, or even better? To be a great trader, you need to have a strong sense of self-motivation. It’s what gives you the ability to stay committed to your goals and maintain the strenuous workload necessary to find success after soooooo much studying! However, it can be difficult to maintain motivation day in and day out and truthfully, even the highest-performing traders could use an inspirational boost from time to time…welcome to the purpose of my account on this social network as it works like a charm for students galore!
However, if you need to get motivated fast, there’s no need to despair because there are some easy solutions. Try one (or all) of the 8 easy techniques detailed in this post. Chances are, you’ll find that these tricks are incredibly effective at shifting your mindset.
1. Edit your goals. Overall, it’s important for any trader to set goals. Not only do goals help create a direction for the trajectory of their career, but they help you stay focused. However, as time goes on, sometimes goals become less relevant, and therefore offer less incentive.
Download a PDF version of this post as PDF.
Have you lost sight of your goals, or are they no longer inspiring to you? If so, it may be time to make some edits to your goals. Perhaps this means setting new goals entirely, or maybe you just need to insert more milestones along the way to make them seem more accessible. Having goals that feel within your reach can be a great way to get motivated fast.
2. Meet with a mentor. Spending some time with your mentor can help improve your motivation in a big way. Explain your situation to your mentor, and see what they have to say. Chances are, your mentor has been where you are before.
Since he or she is further along on their career path, they can offer helpful and knowledgeable advice. Maybe they even have specific anecdotal advice about how to get out of your unproductive state and start feeling inspired again…welcome to why my goal for my trading challenge students is to be the mentor I never had!
3. Surround yourself with success. Surrounding yourself with an aspirational crowd can act as a powerful reminder of what can happen if you really apply yourself to your work as a trader. So go ahead, seek out the people who are killing it in business. Attend networking events, seminars, and even local business meet-ups.
Seek out the types of people who make you a little jealous, and who you’d like to emulate in your own career. Then, learn from them. Listen to their stories, and observe what it is that they’re doing that is yielding such great results. See if their success can rub off on you by inspiring you to implement some of their habits and traits into your own career.
4. Try something new. If you need some motivation, sometimes it’s as easy as stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. It could be within the trading sphere, for instance, investing in a new type of company. Alternately, it could be trying something totally different, like dabbling in cooking or trying a new type of workout.
So how does this help you get motivated fast? Basically, when you try new things, it challenges you to be more adaptable and not get stuck in your ways. As a trader, it’s important to not get too “stuck” because it can keep you from being able to adapt with the ever-changing market.
5. Help someone else. This tip comes from personal experience. Acting as mentor and teacher to the Tim Sykes Million Challenge Team is actually one of the most inspiring and motivating things I do. Hearing my students’ questions and seeing them develop their own processes makes me continually question my own work. It challenges me to become better. In that way, it’s extremely motivating.
Why not give it a try in your own career? Donate your time or expertise to others. It could be to someone who is just starting in the same field as you, or maybe it’s volunteering time to aid those who are less fortunate. Assisting others can be a powerful motivator and a reminder to be thankful for what you have.
6. Do something you love. Sometimes, what you really need to regain motivation is a little time away from your computer screen. By focusing on doing something that gives you pleasure, you’ll be able to come back to trading refreshed and with a new sense of purpose.
So, what gives you joy? Whether it’s fine art painting, running, or camping, take some time to bring it back into your life. What you will lose by taking time away from trading you’ll regain with a renewed sense of vigor and inspiration. After all, we can’t work all the time.
7. Get something annoying done. What are the things that bug the crap out of you that you just can’t seem to get done? For instance, many traders would cite doing research on potential trades as such an annoying task.
Pick one or a few of these annoying tasks, and just get them over and done with. Not only will you feel less burdened, but you’ll feel excited to do the things that you want to again. Overall, with this new sense of space and freedom, you’ll have more room to do the things you want to do that will get you closer to your goals.
8. Do something. Don’t just sit there: do something! Sometimes, it’s your lack of action that is causing your lack of inspiration. Starting something, be it a new project or a new business, can get you motivated fast…even if you fail or decide it’s not for you, just start trying stuff ASAP and then adapt to what works best for you over time.
If you’re just thinking about getting started with trading, maybe this means joining the Tim Sykes Millionaire Challenge. If you’re an entrepreneur, this might be starting a new venture. The fact is, nobody is going to make things happen for you. Why not take the leap?
Generally speaking, there are plenty of things that you can do if you want to get motivated fast. By reading through these tips, perhaps you saw some that you think could be effective for you. Go ahead and give them a try; what can be hurt by trying? All in all, sometimes that’s needed is to shake things up a little bit so that you can get back to a meaningful work life.
What motivates you? Tell me in the comments section below!