One of my top students named Steven Dux, who I previously profiled HERE, has now turned $27,000 into $900,000 gave a very simple answer to the key to his success:
My student @stevendux_1994 has turned $27,000 into $900,000+ in the past year #stocktrading and just gave an incredible webinar to other Challenge students for the past 2 hours, but I want you to only like this video and leave a comment if you are excited to see the full 40+ minute video interview we recorded a few days ago when I met him in #miamibeach for the first time. A lot of people are surprised that I can successfully teach people online that I've never met, that's the beauty of new technology, being real and now having thousands of hours of live #stockmarket tutorials, but you must be #dedicated like Steven has been to truly maximize the opportunity and achieve #financialfreedom and the #dreamlife so let's see what you've got! #ilovemyjob #proudteacher #dreamjob #pennystocks #honoraryjew #edjewcation
His key was joining mysince he’s learned from Michael Goode, myself, Tim Grittani and Mark Croock’s video lessons and webinars and created a strategy that works best for him.
Download the key points of this post as PDF.
And we’ve all been doling out education/information galore lately in videos like this:
So please read this post in its entirety since it’s real and useful information and leave a comment below the post if it helps you…not like my April Fool’s Day joke about the secret to my success:
One of the keys to how I became a #selfmade #millionaire is that I keep my cash in my #refrigerator as it works just like #cryotherapy which helps with my cellular regeneration too. See more details in my Instagram story, you must try it! #coldhardcash #secrettosuccess #frozenassets #strangebuttrue #stacksonstacks #itworks #jewjokes
So, do you want the good or the bad news first? I’ll start with the bad news.
The bad news is that there isn’t one single “secret” that will unlock success and nothing is guaranteed no matter how hard you work. However, the good news is that success isn’t a secret at all, but the cultivation of millionaire habits, a strong work ethic, and personal paired with business intelligence and the recognition that the harder you study and prepare, the greater your odds of success will be.
But since that remains foreign to some people, here I will reveal some of those not-so-secret “secrets” to success. Some may seem like common sense; others might surprise you. But all of these things will help remove roadblocks, which can allow you to reach your full potential.
1. Self possession. The dictionary defines self possession as “the state or feeling of being calm, confident, and in control of one’s feelings; composure.”
Basically, if you are self possessed, you are comfortable in your own skin and confident in your abilities. You know who you are and what you want. You have clear, specific goals, and you know that you have the stuff that it takes to attain them…maybe it’s not even about money for you, it’s more about having the freedom to travel the world and start a charity like I did, whatever your goals, clearly define them and then work your butt off every single day to actually achieving them!
So yes, in a way, this means that to be successful, you must “find” yourself. Really take the time to figure out who you are and what you want: it will make the road to success far more accessible.
2. Flexibility. No, this doesn’t mean you should sign up for yoga or pilates. The flexibility I’m referring to is less about twisting your body into pretzel positions and more about being able to switch gears on the fly.
Be willing to explore something new, or to break out of your traditional working habits and try new strategies in the pursuit of success. Notice the direction that the market is taking, and be willing to go with the flow versus trying to steadfastly hold your ground. The ability to be nimble in finance and business is one of the true secrets to success.
3. Self observation. The most successful people have developed the ability to go inward. There are benefits to doing this that go far beyond just finding oneself. The ability to self observe means that you can view yourself realistically and learn how to play to your strengths and diminish your weaknesses.
In looking at yourself, be honest: what is it that you do well? Make a concerted effort to highlight those things that you do well so that you can perform well in business. Also be able to look at your weaknesses and bad habits. Everyone has them; the key is to be able to identify them, so that you can take proactive steps toward diminishing them, improving yourself, and de-emphasizing the things you aren’t good at.
4. Successful friends and mentors. Have you ever heard the theory that you are the sum of the people you surround yourself with? If that’s true (and quite frankly, it is), then choose to surround yourself with quality, successful people.
A mentor should be among your circle of colleagues and friends; this person can act as an invaluable resource and help streamline your career. However, don’t stop there. Also surround yourself with an inner circle of successful people who you want to be like. Attend networking events and get to know people. When you make friends in high places, it will inspire you to do better for yourself too.
5. Learning the basics first. This might seem painfully obvious, but the fact is that plenty of people try to find success in business without ever taking the time to learn the basics…see my free stock market guide here and free best-selling book here.
While sudden success could still happen, it’s more a fluke than anything, and cannot be counted-on. To ensure that you will attain success, like ALL of my top millionaire and upcoming millionairestudents, take the time needed to master the basics of finance/business FIRST. Many people win short-term, but they’re not prepared nor setup to achieve long-term and lasting success and that’s a mistake.
If you want to be a trader, a good start would be to enroll in the Tim Sykes Million Challenge. As part of this team, you’ll learn the art of trading in a supportive, informative atmosphere from SEVERAL millionaire traders, not just me anymore as my top millionaire students help me mentor other students now too, for which I’m eternally grateful. You’ll learn the skills with a real-life emphasis that will allow you to get ahead quickly and make consistent money.
6. A professional workplace. To find success as a professional, you’ve got to play the part. When you wake up in the morning, get your mindset right, maybe even dressed up or workout and spend some time just mentally preparing for the day. Even if your place of business is on your smartphone or laptop, be sure that you keep your work space organized and your files in order. Small things like this might seem trivial, but it can really promote a professional state of mind. Plus, you won’t spend half of your time trying to get organized as you go, which will streamline your work in a huge way.
7. Making peace with risk. Risk is inherent and ubiquitous in most types of business, but particularly in trading. You’re not going to change that, nor is there a way to totally avoid it. So why not embrace it?
Truthfully, I don’t know anybody who loves risk, from my Tim Sykes Million Challenge Team students to billionaires. But to accept it and to know that risk can reap rewards can deepen your business prowess. Knowing that risk exists, and respecting it, can allow you to work with and around it so that it doesn’t hold you back from attaining what you want in life…rule #1 here is to cut losses quickly so don’t ever forget that and allow yourself to turn a small mistake into a potentially big disaster.
8. Relaxation. To become successful, you’ve got to work 18 hours a day and totally sacrifice your social and family life, right? Not at all. If anything, I would urge you to work less hours and simply be smart about the work you do.
If you work too hard (yes, it’s a thing) you will burn out, and you might totally crash and burn in business. This is obviously not ideal. To keep your success long-burning and sustainable, be sure to take ample breaks and to rest and restore often.
Perhaps a better name for this post would have been “the not-so-secret keys to success”. Because truthfully, there isn’t one golden ticket when it comes to finding success. It’s more the result of careful cultivation of knowledge, habits, and business prowess. By continuing to work on your own self improvement, you’ll find that success is yours for the taking.
Do you want to be more successful?