Yes, it’s true as one of my top students aka remember what he used to look like!) posted on his blog ReaperTrades tonight, he will be rejoining the -only chatroom for the trading day tomorrow January 19th, 2010…his stay there will last an eternity….aka Michael Goode (
I’ve seen the emergence of far too many chatrooms lately–many of dubious quality and decided to recruitto help moderate the jackals in the subscribers -only chatroom.
Some people think I should be in my own chatroom 24/7, but that’s not my style as I believe the vast majority of penny stock trading setups to be not worth my time, risk or capital…when there are great trading setups and interesting market events happening, I will enter my chatroom, but the rest of the time $120,000+ in trading profits over the past few months, you’d be wise to learn from him:will be in there and judging by his
Here are‘s rules for the chatroom, pretty well said & comprehensive…if you don’t follow them, he or I will ban you until you behave.
1. Be polite.
2. Tickers are to be typed in CAPS. Stock chat abbreviations can be found below (and should never be in CAPS). There is also a list of general chat abbreviations below.
3. Stay on topic during the trading day; keep to stock alerts and brief discussion of potential trades. Feel free to chat about anything after trading hours. If you wish to discuss something random during the trading dayyou can create a new room in chat for that.
4. Colors, bold, and italics are reserved for the chat room administrator () and Tim Sykes.
5. No pumping or promoting stocks or bashing stocks. If there is relevant news, research, or price movement, then post it. But do not say things like “Come on SIRI!” or “XXX is a fraud.”
6. No stocks under $0.10.
7. If you give an alert, give a reason; don’t just type the ticker. For example, instead of typing “ECOB!”, type “ECOB dropping like a rock!”
8. No stocks that aren’t moving or don’t have interesting charts. Avoid mentioning higher-priced stocks (those over $15) unless they have a lot of momentum.
9. Please no random questions to Michael Goode () or Tim Sykes (TimothySykes) during the trading day (i.e., “What brokerage do you use?”). Send an email or search their blogs. It is okay to ask their opinion about a stock.
10. Do not send sounds to chat during trading hours.
11. Anyone violating chat room rules or just being annoying will be gagged (anything they type will not be seen by others). Significant abuses can lead to completely banning a subscriber from the chatroom.
12. Ownership of and responsibility of the comments made in the chat room remains with those who type the comments. We (Bullship Press, Timothy Sykes, and Michael Goode) are not responsible for the statements of those who make comments in the chat room. We reserve the right to gag, kick, or ban anyone from the chat room for any reason whatsoever.
13. We (Bullship Press, Timothy Sykes, and Michael Goode) are not financial advisers. We do not give financial advice. We cannot tell you if you should make a trade. All traders need to make their own decisions about what and when to trade.
Helpful hints for using Parachat
1. To send someone a private message double click on their name.
2. To go to a different chat room (such as the offtopic chat room) click on “Roam” at the top of the chat box and then click on “Room List”. If there are no other rooms, create a new room by clicking on “Roam” and then “Create Room.”
Stock chat abbreviations
adr – Average daily range of a stock over a number of days (the larger the number the more volatile the stock).
b/o – Breakout
o/n – Overnight
e/r – Earnings release
ss – Short sell
hod – High of the day
nhod – New high of the day (used when a stock has broken above a previous high)
52s – 52 week highs
lod – Low of the day
nlod – New low of the day (used when a stock has broken below a previous low)
sup – Support
res – Resistance
red – A stock that is below its previous day’s close
green – A stock that is above its previous day’s close
r/g – A stock going from red to green
g/r – A stock going from green to red
pre – Pre-market trading
a/h – After-hours trading
Common chat abbreviations
afk – Away from keyboard
idk – I don’t know
iirc – If I remember correctly
imho / imo – In my (humble) opinion
ttyl – Talk to you later
bbl – Be back later
lol – Laughing out loud
pm – Private message
ty – Thank you
yw – You’re welcome