Sandeep’s International Trading Adventure: Key Takeaways
- Do engineers make better traders?
- After blowing up two accounts, my student turned $2K into over $1 million in trading profits in less than two years*…
- How he reverse-engineered Grittani’s strategy to gain an edge in the market…
Table of Contents
- 1 From Risk-Averse Engineer to Millionaire Trader
- 2 Sandeep: The 411
- 3 Sandeep’s Trading Timeline
- 4 Sandeep’s Trading Story
- 5 Finding a Go-To Pattern + Strategy
- 6 The Engineering Mindset + Sandeep’s Top Trading Lessons
From Risk-Averse Engineer to Millionaire Trader
Growing up middle-class in Bangalore, India, Sandeep was raised to be careful with money. So the idea of trading and potentially losing money seemed risky and didn’t appeal to him much.
But in 2019, everything changed. Here’s the incredible story of how he persevered through two account blow-ups and turned $2,000 into over $1 million in profits in about 18 months*…
Quite proud of my stats this month, finishing 115k for Sept. Managed to keep my losses to an extent, compared to previous results. Have been working on this lately. Clearly shown some better results there. @timothysykes. Will make sure i remember the rules of the game. pic.twitter.com/NFpatrRjlI
— Sandeep Shetty (@hansh075) September 30, 2021
Sandeep: The 411
First, let’s look at some important deets.
Sandeep’s Go-To Trading Patterns
- Morning panic dip buys. By far, this is his top pattern.
- Multi-day runners. When a stock has had multiple runs and shows signs of a first green day, Sandeep keeps watch. Often, on the second or third day, there’s an opportunity for a dip buy…
- Breakouts. But usually with small size because he’s been faked out before…
Sandeep’s Trading Stats
- Trading superpower: Reverse-engineering trading strategies to give himself an edge.
- Favorite Trading Challenge resource: My videos + my top students’ lessons.
- When he’s not trading … Sandeep plays cricket, tennis, or Fifa on Xbox and travels with his family.
- How he splurged after passing $1 million*: Bought his wife a luxury handbag and took a family holiday in Yorkshire.
Sandeep’s Trading Timeline
- Early 2019: Discovers my Trading Challenge. Starts with PennyStocking Silver and studies for two months without trading.
- March 2019: Opens first $1,500 account. Blows up within a month. Takes time off to study.
- Fall 2019: Opens second $1,500 account. Blows up within three months. Takes time off to study.
- February 2020: Starts again with a $2,000 account and focuses on one key pattern: the morning panic dip buy. By the end of March 2020, his Profit.ly total is over $7,000.
- December 2020: His Profit.ly total tops $300,000.
- January + February 2021: His Profit.ly total is over $500,000.
- March 2021: Quits his job and goes full time as a trader.
- September 2021: Passes $1 million in trading profits.*
Sandeep’s Trading Story
Here’s Sandeep’s trading story in greater detail…
A Cautious Start
In India, Sandeep studied engineering — a solid career that would eventually take him to the U.K., where he’s been based for the past decade or so.
A steady guy with a steady career, he’s always been fairly risk-averse. In fact, he admits that years ago, he had the opportunity to buy into his company’s stock before its initial public offering (IPO).
But he was too cautious and decided against it. Meanwhile, several colleagues made a lot of money…
Then, Sandeep changed his tune about trading…
Sandeep is married and has a kid. He’s got a mortgage. Despite liking his engineering job, expenses were piling up.
When a friend mentioned they’d started trading, Sandeep decided to explore it as a potential secondary income stream.
That’s how he found me…
Learning + Exploring
But as he watched the videos and saw my top students’ results, he realized that I was legit.
In 2019, he became a student, first via PennyStocking Silver, and hit the books. He read a ton and watched my videos.
It was a challenging balance: In addition to having a family, he also had a full-time job. He’d study on his lunch breaks and commute. He’d stay up late studying — sometimes until 2 a.m.
Eventually, it began to make sense…
9:38pm study check, retweet/favorite this if you’re up studying or making your watchlist for tomorrow…HOW BAD DO YOU WANT SUCCESS?! HOW MUCH WILL YOU PREPARE AHEAD OF TIME?!
— Timothy Sykes (@timothysykes) September 27, 2021
On Blowing Up His First Two Accounts
Sandeep opened his first trading account in March of 2019.
He started with $1,500. Like many new traders, he lost money…
Blowing Up Account #1
Cue a montage of holding and hoping, cutting losses too quickly, and an ongoing series of papercut losses. Typical newbie mistakes.
NEW MUST READ BLOG POST: https://t.co/FXG3VDffNb 3 Common Mistakes When Dip Buying Too Early! Read this before you try to dip buy the recent biggest runners like $CEI $TGGI $LCLP $PALT $FPVD $CYBL $GROM $ILUS $TGGI study, study, study, prepare, prepare, prepare BIGTIME!
— Timothy Sykes (@timothysykes) September 29, 2021
Within about a month, that $1,500 account was nearly gone. He stopped trading and hit the books…
Blowing Up Account #2
In fall 2019, Sandeep started trading again with a fresh $1,500 account.
He was feeling confident, but there were new mistakes to make this time around. In retrospect, he admits he was trading too many patterns and strategies. He had no focus.
And he lost money again. Although, this time it took longer — about three months.
After demolishing his second account, Sandeep took another few months off. He wanted a break to regain his confidence. He’d already lost $3,000.
Blowing up two accounts sucks. But the experience taught Sandeep a lot about how NOT to trade. He was vigilant about tracking his mistakes — he reviewed them daily so he didn’t repeat them.
Finding a Go-To Pattern + Strategy
Sandeep decided to zero in on one single pattern: the morning panic dip buy.
It wasn’t about following trades. He wanted to apply their lessons to his chosen pattern. Here’s what he learned:
- Sandeep obsessively studied my $13.5 million profit student Tim Grittani’s short selling patterns.* Why, if he goes long? He wanted to understand the short mindset so he could be on the right side of the trade. In short (pun intended), he reverse-engineered Grittani’s strategy to gain an edge.
- He learned invaluable tips on how to size up from my $8 million profit student Jack Kellogg.*
- From my millionaire student Roland Wolf, he learned about trading multi-day runner stocks with volume.*
- And he learned many lessons from my millionaire students Mike “Huddie” Hudson, Matthew Monaco, and Michael Goode*…
Sandeep felt prepared to focus on his pattern and repeat it over and over until he mastered it…
(Note: Profits recorded as of late September 2021.)
Third Time’s a Charm…
In February 2020, Sandeep began trading again with a $2,000 account. But this time, he only stuck to one pattern: the morning panic dip buy.
With international stay-at-home orders in place, Sandeep was working from home — which allowed for more trading.
Sandeep never thought he’d make $1 million so fast.* He doesn’t have any lofty goals for the near future other than continuing to stick to his go-to pattern, continuing to refine, and enjoying his newfound career.
The Engineering Mindset + Sandeep’s Top Trading Lessons
In trading, you’ve got to make many small calculations on the fly — how many shares, potential risk, profit goals…
As a former engineer, Sandeep acknowledges he’s good with numbers in this way. He can quickly make decisions and solve problems.
Can you adopt the ‘engineering mindset’ in your trading?
Don’t worry, you don’t have to go back to college. But think about how you could zero in on a single pattern and channel some of Sandeep’s insight every day.
And consider these parting tips from Sandeep…
- Learn patience and discipline. They both go hand in hand.
- Be honest about your mistakes … and don’t repeat them.
- Follow what you know.
- Don’t take trades you don’t need to.
- Always have a plan.
- Keep practicing and don’t lose hope!
Remember: Sandeep lost his account twice. Then he came back and made over $1 million in trading profits.* Don’t give up!
How does Sandeep’s ability to persevere through two account blow-ups inspire you? Leave a comment … and congratulate him on his milestone!
*Results are not typical and will vary from person to person. Making money trading stocks takes time, dedication, and hard work. Most who receive free or paid content will make little or no money because they will not apply the skills being taught. Any results displayed are exceptional. We do not guarantee any outcome regarding your earnings or income as the factors that impact such results are numerous and uncontrollable.
It takes years of dedication, hard work, and discipline to learn how to trade. Individual results will vary. Trading is inherently risky. Before making any trades, remember to do your due diligence and never risk more than you can afford to lose. I’ve also hired Tim Grittani, Jack Kellogg, Roland Wolf, Matthew Monaco, Mike “Huddie” Hudson, and Michael Goode to assist in my education business.